Friday, April 16, 2010

Cheryl, the Stalker Part 3

To recap the last entry: I fail as a spy, but I'd win the Olympics of awkward conversations.




Finally, 9:00 rolls around, and I'm driving over to work. Kristin's-Friend-Chris arrived before me, and so he called me as I was on my way.




"There's only one silver Chevy Malibu in the parking lot."

"Great! That's gotta be it."

"Not great. It's parked right next to the street."




So...how illegal is saran wrapping, anyway? I mean, if police were wandering by, what exactly would they do?




We immediately started discussing ways to casually wrap the car. There weren't any. No matter what, this was going to look suspicious. So we just decided to do it quickly.


Around and around and around we went, ducking under each other like that weird kids game where you each have a ribbon and wrap it around the pole while singing that bizzaro song. Seriously, what is up with that game? What is the point?



Anyway, we had a point to our game, and our point was wrapping his car in five rolls of saran wrap. Five rolls of never-ending saran wrap. All the while, people were driving by, and one person even parked across the parking lot and watched us. That made us hurry a little, before they could get our license plate numbers and description.



There were a few quotes that I can't remember who I should attribute them to...but I have to say them anyway.



"We should have put 'Just Married' on it! Everyone supports the 'you-just-got-married-so-I'm-going-to-ruin-your-car' prank!" "What, they got married inside Barnes & Noble?" "Also, what would his wife think when he got home?"


"Go over..no, no, like that...no, I mean go right in there!" "That's what she said."


"Should we just go around the car, or roll it over and under too?" *fruitless attempts* "Um...apparently saran wrap doesn't roll."


Anyway, we finally finished Daniel-From-Work's car and rushed over to Kristin's. A little known fact about Jeeps: They are perfect for saran wrapping. Perfect. They're so boxy. Everything grips so nicely.


Kristin's-Friend-Chris was in charge of this car, and he's meaner than I am...way meaner. In oh-so-many ways. In this particular instance, he not only wanted to leave the saran wrap around the car, but also the boxes it came in and the bags from the store. Trash, essentially, embedded in the saran wrap all around the car.


So not my fault. I was an innocent bystander.


Now with Kristin's car, we remembered to take a picture. A few, actually. I'm pretty sure Kristin's-Friend-Chris said it was for his scrapbook. In fact, I think he said that he wanted to border that particular page in hot pink lace and entitle it, "Adventures with my Best Frenemy..."


But that's neither here nor there.


In fact, what is here and there is the fact that we were finally done...all that was left now was to wait for our victims to discover their fate.


So we got back in our cars and drove over to the other side, right across from where Daniel-From-Work's car was. What a beauty. The streetlights sparkled over the wrapping like early morning stars on Christmas morning....a few people slowed down or even stopped as they drove past it. Everyone was admiring our handiwork.


So we sat there, wondering, waiting...anxious for 10:00 to hit so that Daniel-From-Work would come out.


To be continued...









No comments: