Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cheryl, the Stalker Part 2

So to recap the last entry: Never send a blind girl on a stake-out.

It hits 7:00 and I decide to go in and find out what happened. I knew, of course, that Kristin was working, and she knew I was planning to prank Daniel-From-Work, so she's probably tell me if he called in sick.

Of course, I barely walk in when I see him. Daniel-From-Work. Right there in the front of the store.

*sigh*

He already saw me, so I wave and walk over, trying desperately to act normal (which, if you know me, never happens. I'm the worst liar in the world.)

"Hey, Daniel-From-Work!"
"Hey, Cheryl-the-American-Leprechaun!"
Yeah, he so deserved anything that was coming to him.
"So...uh...I didn't think you were here. I didn't see your car out front."
He's going to think I'm stalking him.
"Oh, I parked out front."
I knew it.
"Really? I came in that way. Um. What kind of car do you drive?"
He's going to start dialing 911 any second now. Restraining order time!
"Chevy Malibu."
"Oh, really? Um. What color?"
Now he really was looking at me weird, but I say weird things all the time.
"Silver."
"Oh. Okay."
*awkward silence*
"So, how you doin'?"
Smooth, Cheryl.
"Good...just shelving..."
"Yeah, gotta love shelving."
"Uh-huh..."
"So, I left something in the back, I should really go get it. That's why I came back to work after I got off. To pick up something I forgot to take earlier."
"Okay..."
"Yeah..."
*walk away quickly*

So now I was in the back of the store, trying to think of an imaginary thing I could take out with me. Other employees had seen me by now, and were no doubt wondering what on earth I was doing there. Then it hit me. I could talk to Kristin. We'd gotten some bad news earlier, I could discuss it with her.

And just like that, the heavens opened, the angels sang, and Kristin walked out of Receiving.

"Kristin!"
"Cheryl! What are you doing here?"
"Um. I'm here to see you! Are you doing okay?"
"Of course I am. You came in just to check on that?"
Yeah, that really does seem kind of weird. I'm never that nice.
"Well, you know, I was...in the area."
I live in the area. What a stupid thing to say.
"That's so sweet!"
Yeah, you really won't be thinking that when you're digging your car out from under a thousand square feet of saran wrap.
"So...you're doing okay?"
"Yeah!"
"Oh good. So. You doing okay?"
Abort! Abort! Abort!
And now she was looking at me weird too. "Yeah, I'm doing okay. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm good. I just, uh, gotta go. Bye."
"Bye..."

I'm such a failure as a spy.
On the other hand, I did get the information I came for, right?
So I went home to wait for the cloak of night to cover us so we could accomplish our devious deeds....

to be continued...

No comments: