Saturday, January 24, 2009

I think I have the beginnings of a headache

So I had nightmares all night about my stupid lesson tomorrow. It was awful. And then I got up and looked at all the notes that I made on it already, and I hate them all. They didn't work out so well in the dream, and so I'm convinced they won't work now. Irrational, I know. That's the way my brain works.

I'm pretty sure I'll do the stupid, cliche Jeopardy thing. I just can't come up with anything else. I'm not cut out to be a Sunday School teacher. It's so...fact-based. And when you put a bunch of BYU students in a room with a bunch of facts, they just want to screw them all up. *sigh*

I finished reading Shannon Hale's The Goose Girl today. One of my new favorite books of all time. I loved it. She has such a melodic rhythm to her writing, it really does feel like you're lying in a warm bed, hearing your mother read you fairy tales. I can't get the book out of my mind. It reminds me of the first time I ever heard Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel. I feel like a kid all over again, just waiting to become a princess. I want to be a princess.

And I don't know why Princess Academy got Newbery Honor and this one didn't. It really should have, it was better than Princess Academy. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but The Goose Girl is a hundred times better.

Everything I see today seems to be talking about pie. I want some pie.

No comments: